Pages

BRAND NEW MUSIC

metty magese

metty magese

Listen & Download

http://mdundo.com/a/32626

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

BET and Karrueche Tran Apologize for Blue Ivy Joke

Karrueche Tran
Don’t mess with the BeyHive. BET and Karrueche Tran learned the hard way after a tasteless joke about Blue Ivy aired on “106 & Park,” prompting an apology from both parties.

On Monday, “106 & Park” broadcast a segment on the “top six things Blue Ivy thought about the VMAs.” Chris Brown’s girlfriend Karrueche was co-hosting the show and read the poorly-received joke on-air.
“I really did wake up like this because my parents never combed my hair,” said Karrueche before realizing what she had said. “Sorry, Blue! I love you,” she quickly added.
But it was too late. The BeyHive ripped into her on social media, hurling insults and even death threats her way. Karrueche defended herself, writing, “Now y’all know I LOVE me some Beyoncé and Blue Ivy! I didn’t write this script y’all lol … I am definitely team #BeyHive ❤️.”
A source close to Karrueche tells TMZ that she read the joke cold off a teleprompter. It was in a script that had been changed by producers at the last minute without her knowledge. Since it was a live show, she couldn’t take it back.
After the comment aired, Karrueche and her manager were extremely upset because they thought the joke was mean-spirited and in poor taste.
On Tuesday, she took to Instagram to issue an apology for her part in the joke.
Past two days have been extremely draining.. As I geared up for a big day for myself – hosting a live show.. I never expected things to turn out this way.. I apologize to any and everyone who felt offended in any way by the comments made by BET executed through me.. I would never disrespect anyone’s child in any way and anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Beyoncé. My comments have been in complete shambles.. yes I am human too and yes I do make mistakes.. But all this negativity and death wishes are quite a lot.. Definitely a lesson learned from here forth.. Again, on behalf of MYSELF, my sincerest apologies ❤️ #BeyHive
BET executive Stephen G. Hill also expressed his remorse for the “stupid, unthoughtful” joke and defended Karrueche. He said that an apology had been issued to Beyoncé and Jay Z and that “punitive damages” had been taken against those responsible.

No comments: