Pages

BRAND NEW MUSIC

metty magese

metty magese

Listen & Download

http://mdundo.com/a/32626

Monday, October 27, 2014

Jay Sean Leaves Cash Money Records, Issues Statement.


After six years and two albums Jay Sean has left Cash Money Records. The British singer told Billboard that there was no bad blood and that he appreciated what the label did for his career.

"I had and still maintain a great relationship with Slim and Baby [CEOs of Cash Money]. They believed in me and my talent and our partnership obviously garnered a lot of pop success. It got to the point where I was chasing pop success and 'the smash' when really my heart wasn't in it anymore. That's not why I got into this game."

Next up for Jay is a mixtape entitled Mistress II, which will be released in November. On it he is going back to his original R&B roots.

"When Sade drops a new album, you know she's not going to be suddenly singing over an EDM beat produced by the hottest DJ at the time. Or jumpin' on the bandwagon of what the latest 'sound' is. You should be able to do you. That's what differentiates an artist from a singer."

No comments: