Pages

BRAND NEW MUSIC

metty magese

metty magese

Listen & Download

http://mdundo.com/a/32626

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Teyana Taylor Covers Rolling Out Magazine

Teyana Taylor for Rolling Out Mag
Teyana Taylor for Rolling Out Mag 5
Teyana Taylor gets playfully seductive for the latest issue of Rolling Out Magazine. The singer, whose long awaited debut album VII drops next Tuesday, shot a couple of dope pics for the mag’s feature where she dishes on her new album, being mentored by future legends Pharrell and Kanye, and dealing with the haters.  She also dishes on her relationship with Knicks baller Iman Shumpert, who she calls her “peace of mind.”

Peep a few highlights:
On naming the album, VII:
“Seven is the number of completion. Seven actually has different meanings, but for me, I feel like I’ve been in the business for seven years and [there have] been a lot of bumpy roads and detours and all types of stuff going on within those seven years. But now in the seventh year, everything is finally completed and is coming together. It’s done and I can give you a full body of work. So that number means a lot to me and this year is very important to me.”

On what she learned from having Pharrell and Kanye as mentors:
Pharrell and Kanye are perfectionists and that’s all they surround themselves with and that’s all they know,” she shares. “When you’re around that, it automatically rubs off on you. So everything I do has to be perfect, it can’t be half-a–ed. You either gotta do it or not do it at all. So, definitely perfection is the most important thing.”

On dealing with haters and negativity:
I don’t block that s— out; it hurts,” Taylor says. “But then you also have the brighter side of things. It’s a give and take. If you can take compliments, then you should be able to take when people have negative things to say. It’s very hurtful, but I don’t block it out. It hurts, then I speak about it, and then it’s over. You’ll read one negative comment out of 99 good comments, but it will be that one negative comment that will really have you pissed off. But once you relax a little bit and calm down and think about the good, then it makes you feel better and you go about your day.”

On her relationship with Iman Shumpert:
“I’m happy,” she admits about her relationship with Shumpert. “I’m not on the phone too much and I’m not really on social media now. When you have a peace of mind, which is your companion, you listen to your man so when he’s telling you to calm down, then eventually you let it go. But when you’re in your own space and you feel independent with your feelings, then it’s just like, ‘OK, I’m going to do what I want to do.’ But when you have your peace of mind, it takes your mind off all the negativity and all the people that [are] trying to bother you.”
Teyana Taylor for Rolling Out Mag 2
The androgynous me meets sex bunny theme is kind of dope.
Read the full feature over at Rolling Out.
Bonus: Here are a few offerings from her album which drops next Tuesday, November 4.Teyana Taylor for Rolling Out Mag 4

No comments: